Noah-
Noah had his 2 year check up yesterday. And boy has he grown! He was 31 inches at his 18 month appt, which put him on the small side, but they measured him at 34.5 inches yesterday which is back up in the 50th percentile! YAY! He was also 27 1/2 lbs. Developmentally he is doing everything he should be. Talking a ton, and putting sentences together. He is still doing great with potty training, and even starting to tell me he needs to go when he is in a diaper or pullup. If he is pantless he doesn't have any accidents. So we are getting there! He even told me he had to go potty while at the doctors so I frantically ran to the car to get our potty chair (he won't sit on big toilets...way to scary still!). So we got to show off for the nursing staff and pee on the potty right there in the room!
Eli-
Eli is still huge. Just shy of 20lbs and 29-30 inches long. I can't remember what they decided...they measured him wrong to start (used Noah's markings on accident) and I don't remember what they decided he was at after that. But he is tall. He has a few words that he uses (dada is the big one) and he has repeated the words, Grandpa, Tally (my parents dog), Lou, and snack. He did look at me and say Mama a few times yesterday but I am still not counting it since I haven't decided that he was actually calling me mama. But Dada is really his only word that he will use meaningfully on a regular basis. It's nice to know that snacks, and the dogs are more important than Mommy LOL. Oh well. He is crawling like a pro, pulling up, cruising, standing on his own, and has just in the past few days taking little steps! He will only do 2-3 at a time, then falls down to crawl, but I suspect he will be right on track with his brother and walking well in a month or so. We talked about his sleeping issues, and she said that will probably just get better after we wean him, which is what I figured anyway. She also said that he will likely not be an easy child to wean, and that the gradual approach probably wont work as well as just cutting him off. So when he is close to a year we will start the weaning process. Until then, I'm just going to enjoy our late night snuggles knowing they wont last forever. I would love a night of interrupted sleep...but I also know I will miss getting up with him too. While I am super tired some days, we have some great one on one time when he wakes up at night!
Saturday, November 20, 2010
Check ups
Posted by Amanda at 10:29 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment