Monday, December 7, 2009

Why I HATE Walmart

We are supposed to get a huge winter storm Tuesday/Wednesday. The news said 6-10 inches so I wanted to get Noah some snow pants and boots so we could go out and play. We went to walmart so we could also stock up on groceries so I don't have to venture out at all. Anyway, I went back to infant toddlers to look and they didn't have anything, then went to shoes and the gal (irritated I had interrupted what seemed to be a chat with her boyfriend) quickly directed me out to lawn and garden for the stuff (makes no sense to me but whatever) so we walked from one end of the store to the other to get his things. Once we got there I couldn't find anything in his size so I asked another gal, who after finishing her text message asked her manager. She told me that they only had sizes starting at 2T out there and I needed to go back to infants. So, slightly irritated I walked all the way to the opposite side of the store yet again. I looked around again, and still couldn't find anything, so I go back to shoes to look for the boots again. I ask one more time about boots and the lady told me they only got infant girl boots this year, no boys. Why...I don't know, but I guess they think only little girls like to play outside in the snow. After that, I go one more time to try to find snow pants, and this time I stop a manager to ask hoping maybe he knows where I can find them. He directs me to the camping section...again on the opposite side of the store. So we head over there, and while they do have pants, they are just coveralls for hunting, which do not come in infant sizes (what 12 month old goes shotgun hunting??? Come on people). So, thouroughly annoyed I grab the few groceries I need and leave.

After that we just headed to Target...found everything we needed in 2 minutes.

5 comments:

Kim said...

It is crazy! We did find some really cute boots for C, but they are not a "snow boot" they are a Mossy Oak, but cute as heck. I did find snow suits, but C already has one. See for us, it is walmart or nothing, everything else is in Reno (35-45 miles away).

Tam said...

Oh yes, I also share your hatred. If there was a target nearby, I would shop there all the time. Unfortunately, I am stuck with Walmart!!

Amanda said...

Kim-are the boots you have cowboy style camo boot? If those are them we do have those too :)

Kim said...

Yup, we have the cowboy boot ones. It was a gift from papa and nanny for his birthday.

Beth said...

Sounds like my WalMart experience trying to get an itunes gift card -after paying for groceries and misc. gifts including the gift card, i was told the card had already been activiated and wasn't any good - but they couldn't remiburse me, would only give me a WalMart card (and because the checkout person and supervisor and been so unhelpful, i didn't want the gift card - the supervisor said they were trying to help me w/my problem, so i told him i wasn't the one w/the problem - the fact that their register didn't want to give me my money was HIS problem). Took 30 minutes to get sorted out while my frozen things slowly thawed!