So I had been hearing about this "curse"....AKA "the 5 month curse", when babies who have been sleeping through the night start to wake up all night. Well, Noah went from sleeping 10-12 hours to 4-5...if we are lucky! He was going to bed around 8, waking at 6-7, then going back to sleep until 8. Now, we go down 8-9, wake up to eat sometime between 10-12, then wake again to eat between 2-4 and are up again around 7:30.
Still I can't complain too much, but it really stinks when you are used to sleeping all night! I think it is a combination of waking up hungry, wet, and uncomfy from teething. He has been super fussy the last few days and I think his gums are really starting to hurt. Also, he has been waking up very wet, so we are wearing size 3 overnights to sleep in. And finally the kid eats non stop! I am only nursing once a day (teething isn't so much fun for mom) and pumping and having to give him a bottle or two of formula as he has been eating 45oz plus the nursing session, and solids 2x a day! He is like a bottomless pit and there is no end in sight.


4 comments:
It's a developmental milestone. They are growing at such a rapid rate it's amazing they can even close their eyes let alone actually sleep. With all he has been eating and the sleep issues, I would bet money he is hitting a milestone soon. Good luck!!
Thanks Jessie! I need all the encouragement I can get!
Yikes! I don't really have any advice because Ella did that and I never did really figure out how to solve it...one night she just started sleeping through the night again. Good luck!
I have a son named Noah too. he still off and on does this random waking up. I really think its the teeth. Stinky lil buggers them teeth! and I notice sometimes his appetite will increase like crazy and I feel like he eats like a full grown man! But out of nowhere it will all go back to normal. ;)
Post a Comment