Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Embracing the Belly


Well, I am at the point during this pregnancy where I am gaining weight pretty steadily, and am noticing huge changes in my size constantly!  This has been the most difficult part of my pregnancy for me.  I am just not used to seeing myself like this, and have now officially banned scales in my house!  I am trying to let go and see these changes for what they really are...our little boy growing big!  With my new size I have also inherited an abundance of annoying comments from strangers.  I guess it just comes with the territory.  My favorite is the vast number of individuals who have commented that it "looks like you had one too many beers".  I guess I just look like I have a beer gut.  I have also heard a lot of "should you be eating that?".  I also never realized how many people find it acceptable to rub a pregnant woman's belly, even if they don't know her at all!  Oh well, we are just so blessed to be having this baby that I will take it all in stride!

4 comments:

The Captain's Wife said...

Touching of the belly is TOTALLY unacceptable to me! That is my belly ~ Hands off!
The comments people make are ridiculous as well. I just posted about some horro stories people at work told me...why who knows!
You look GREAT! Enjoy the one time in your life that it is acceptable to spill out of your pants!

LandA said...

Until I was seven months pregnant I would weigh myself weekly and record it...then I decided to boycott the scales. Over here they measure weight in kilograms so at the doctor's office I would hear the kilogram amount but wouldn't convert it to pounds in my mind so I still don't know how much weight I gained in pregnancy. And, I can totally sympathize with you about the tacky things people say to pregnant women. It's like they don't view pregnant women as real people...I mean you would NEVER say something about a woman's weight or rub her belly otherwise. Unfortunately, it doesn't get any better once the baby arrives and people will continue to say really rude things about how you are taking care of the baby. But, you're right to just take it in stride. Babies are so worth it! They are so much fun. I can't wait to see Noah...I'm really sad that I won't get to hold him until next summer.

The Captain's Wife said...

Just got an email from Kathy...I am your phone buddy!

mandy_moo said...

Ugh, I can't believe how retarded people can be. Don't let it get to you, I think you look super cute!!!